Saturday, January 2, 2010

Moving on up

Well I have an apartment. I rented a two bedroom, two bathroom apartment with a dishwasher, brand new washer, brand new dryer and brand new microwave and a what they call they call a deck. The massive deck is about 3 feet wide and 7 1/2 feet long. I rented it for 15 months at the bargain price of $735.00 a month. The normal price for this is $810.00 a month. So right off the bat I am saving $140.00 a month on rent. It is at a place called the Gardens at Anthony House.
It is on the south eastern part of the city. When I head out of the complex I can be in downtown Greensboro in 10 minutes or so or I can head the the other way and am in the country in two minutes. It really is on the outside of the city. The place is only about two years old or so and they are actually still building. It will do until I get some cash saved and get the area figured out then I will rent a house. You can get some great deals outside of town by just driving 20 or 30 minutes from the city.

I need to find a mover in a hurry. They want me to start on the 11th. They are shorthanded due to some people being sick and business has been good. Looks like I will jumping right into the fire. Hopefully I can get a mover on such quick notice.

Will need to get an oil change in the truck, have the small tire leak patched, and have it given the once over before I move. Not sure how it will like the cold weather.

Should be done with most packing today or tomorrow. Will leave the computer and tv till the end. The computer is one of the things going with me along with my camera and all the cd's with my picture.

More to follow soon.

Happy New Year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Mark.

Glad you found a nice place so quickly ... and at a decent price, too.

Hope the moving people can get you set up in time to begin work. That deck should come in handy in this lovely weather.

Tammy said...

The apartment seems good for you and I hope it works for you. You have gotten it together rather quickly and I can't help but believing in the magic of change. My fingers are crossed and the candle is lit for your future. What a great way to start the new year. I'm starting to germinate some seeds tonight. We are supposed to get a pretty hard freeze tonight. Mike is going to hang some plant lights off my potting bench to keep my seedlings warm until our last freeze.. sometime in late Feb early March. I can't wait any longer to have something growing!

We will talk soon. Fear not.

Mark said...

The price of the place is so cheap compared to Tampa. This place would be at least a few hundred more here.

Yea I can't wait to hang out on the deck in some snow. :)

I am keeping my fingers crossed. It all seems to be going so well to this point. Kind of amazing. I am going to bring the sunflower seeds with me and of course the lemon balm. I may rip up the mint plant and bring that. I'll grow a couple other things when the weather up there turns a little warmer.