Monday, January 25, 2010

Review

So this weekend was close to being a washout. On Saturday I drove up to Mt. Airy on some backroads and got a couple shots and saw some things I will shoot in the future. It was sunny when I left however it got cloudy as I went north. Not the best for shooting. I also ended up with a massive sinus headache. I ended up leaving early and bought some aspirin on the way home to deal with the headache. I wanted to go to Mount Pilot State Park but was in no shape to do that.

Yesterday was just a crappy weather day. During the day it just misted lightly all day before the heavy rain came last night. I did manage to get out to my bank and make a deposit and drive through downtown and check out the "happening area" of Greensboro. Saw plenty to shoot there so I know where I will head some Saturday or Sunday morning soon and shoot downtown Greensboro.

Ken over at the "Loose Laces" blog mentioned a new style of camera that is a mix between a compact and dslr camera. They look perfect for what I like to do. I am going to start a little savings fund and get myself one of these. I always thought the standard dslr was to big and bulky to carry for the sake of convenience. This looks perfect from what I can tell. The models that have been released have received excellent reviews. It will be nice to have a small camera with the ability to change lenses. Woo Hoo...

March 16th is the date of the time change. It can't get here soon enough for me.

Happy Monday.

Picture was taken at an old abandoned property in Crescent City, California. The building had been many things over the years. It was a restaurant in its last life. This guy was practicing casting his fly rod.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The guy in the pic is fishing for land sharks.

We must have had similar weekends; my Saturday was sunny when I left home but was cloudy within a half-hour.

I need some extra evening daylight.

Mark said...

Ha. I had not thought of land sharks. :)

It was a strange weather weekend.

I can not wait for the time change.
Seems like the night never ends.