Monday, January 4, 2010

Mr. Mover I am waiting


So I am pretty much set with packing. I need to pack my clothing, the few hundred cd's, the silverware and sheets and that should be it. Oh yeah, the tv, stereo and computer will be the very last things to be packed. The computer is going with me, along with some clothing, the air mattress, the cds with all my pictures on them and a couple other things I would rather trust to myself.


I am listening Steely Dan right now and I made me think of when I went camping at Rocky Neck State Park with my parents and "Rikki Don't Lose That Number" was playing in the car one day while we were out on a family drive. For some reason there are a few Steely Dan songs from that time that remind me of camping with my parents. Kinds of odd. At the time 66 WNBC was most likely the most powerful radio station in the United States. They were of course an am station.

They played most what would now be considered "AOR" or adult oriented rock and pop tunes and disco tunes. Until I truly discovered rock n roll this was the station I grew up on. At one time they had both Dom Imus and Howard Stern as disc jockeys. That gives you an idea of the kind of influence they had on the radio world. Anyhow 66 WNBC and Steely Dan bring back memories of being a kid.


So yesterday I decided I would put my couch, with the broken spring in the center section, some odd ball housewares out to the curb. I also put out a microwave that I got from Tammy and Mike in exchange for a gas grill. The grill is many many years old and the touch pad finally started having issues the other day. Well everything but the couch was gone in about 20 minutes. I left to go the the bar and watch the Bucs and when I arrived home the couch was gone. Thank you Mr. Scavenger.


Picture is from Daytona Beach, Florida. This is a real double rainbow. This is next to the track looking out at the Daytona Airport.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never been able to photograph a rainbow and you get a double!

Your scavengers work faster than ours.

I am continually surprised to hear today's kids say how much they like Steely Dan, Neil Young, and Cream. Some music lives forever. Fortunately, I didn't have to listen to disco and I totally cannot stand the Bee Gees and Rod Stewart.

Tammy said...

Glad you decided to pass along some used treasures to the curb. hopefully someone can use them. The rainbow is beautiful. I saw a double rainbow a few weeks ago when I was driving to the JAX farmer's market. The moon over the weekend was fabulous and hopefully you all got a glimpse of it in all its shining glory.

By the time you see this, You'll be in your new place. See you on Thurs. Travel safe.

I hope Neil Young lives in our hearts forever. I just love his bizarre soulful music.

Mark said...

This was first double rainbow I had ever seen.

There is still hope for our youth as long as they listen to old rock n roll.