Thursday, January 28, 2010

We are going to get hammered

I need to go to the store today and get new windshield wiper blades and an ice scraper. If the weather dudes are correct we are going to get hammered with snow. They are saying we are going to get 6 - 12 inches of snow starting late Friday and going through the day Saturday.
I may stop at Home Depot and get some concrete blocks or something heavy to put in the bed of the truck. The truck has no weight in the rear and some weight in the bed will help with traction.

I may end up taking a nice walk Saturday in the snow and get some pictures of the snow. If the predictions come true I will not be out driving this weekend at all. Should be interesting to say the least. Hopefully it holds off till work is done. I can imagine driving around here will not be good if this starts early.

This picture is from a car show in Georgia in 2006. I came across this car show in some little town while driving through the mountains south of the western part of Georgia.

Do you want to buy a Toyota?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice car. Looks to be a Mercury Monarch. I remember them very well.

Bleed a few pounds of air out of the rear tires may help on snow. Or go rent a front-wheel dive car like my cousin does when snow is imminent.

Make sure you have a place to go for warmth if the power goes out; these heavy, wet snows like they are predicting will usually put a lot of people in the dark; sometimes for days or weeks.

The crappy stuff is supposed to hit here about 1:00pm tomorrow. See you on the flip-side.

Mark said...

Well I have plenty of food and I have my propane stove that I use for camping so I am all set.