Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Facebook and old connections


So I have been on Facebook for over a year now and for the most part it has been pretty fun.
I do not play the games and all that, however I have reconnected with people I have not seen or heard from in years.
Yesterday when I got home I had an email from Facebook. It was from the girl in this picture.
Michelle and I were great friends in high school. We worked together at Finast, a grocery store, and we went out on a few dates. We were great friends. However once I went to college we slowly lost contact. As time went on Michelle got married and the only connection we had after that was when she shopped at the A&P where my dad worked. She would always tell my dad to say hello.
This is not my picture. This is one that was taken when she was going to do some modeling.
In my mind she was the one who got away. I don't think she thinks that or anything. However it is interesting when you look back at your high school years and are able to analyze things from an adult point of view. She was sweet and I was a concert wearing, flannel shirt wearing, jeans and work boot wearing stoner. It is one of the things you always wonder what would have happened "if".
Anyhow it was cool that we were able to reconnect through Facebook.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Interesting. I didn't know you had one of those "got away girls." I am one of those for a couple people I know (not to sound so arrogant). One in particular still sniffs around from time to time.

I'm sure we would have gotten along pretty well in H.S. too Markie. I was one of those flannel stoners too.

All things for a reason my friend.

I'm trying to talk Mike into a loong week off this summer to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary but he doesn't get much time off this year and his parents are aging quickly, thus probably a return visit to CT. Sigh. The beach is calling me.

All told, I've known Mike for 21 years and 19 of those have been hopelessly in love with him. I'm quite sure I don't deserve him and would be completely lost without him.

Yellow is a good color and it makes me happy in my house. A ragging effect w/ 2 tones can be quite lovely and soothing.

peace to you my brother.
tamatha

Anonymous said...

I remember washtubs and you remember beautiful girlfriends! I've been married too long!

Facebook is a good place to kick back and have a few laughs and memories with friends. Not as good as a bar, though.

There is time enough for love.

Mark said...

Of course I have a "got away girl".

You guys need to get away for a real vacation. I understand Mike wanting to go home though.

You and Mike are perfect together.

I think it will be yellow.

Facebook is fun. The only thing that bugs me is people always wanting me to join them in the games that are on there. Not interested.