Monday, November 30, 2009

Refreshed

Well it has been a week since I have posted anything as I was away on holiday.

Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving. Mine was just fine even though it turned out different than planned. Spent Tuesday through Friday morning with my grandmother. It was good to spend some time with her. I know she enjoys it quite a bit. She's 87 and still going strong for the most part. She has a broken wrist and that is not something she likes at all. It makes things much more difficult for her. But she still manages. She cooks all her meals everyday. She has more darn food in her fridge and freezer than I do. It makes laugh because she has so much.

Spent Friday afternoon through late Sunday morning with Mike and Tammy. We had a good time just kicking back and relaxing all weekend. We spent Black Friday shopping, at a flea market and then we hit an army navy store and to top it off when went to a few pawn shops.
It was a hell of a lot more fun than going to a stupid mall or MallWart. Then we ended the evening sitting around a fire drinking gin and tonics. Saturday was another flea market then off to get plants for our gardens. I ended up getting six broccoli plants, two spinach, two dill, cilantro, habanero pepper and a super chili pepper plant. These only cost me 10 and change.
Seems very inexpensive to me. I was delighted at the price. Tammy gave me a lemon balm plant. Those damm things smell so darn wonderful. Heck I wonder if I could make ice tea with it. Has to be one of my favorite smelling plants.

As always meal time was very good. It is a treat for me since for the most part I do not like to spend a bunch of time in the kitchen.

Well I have done pretty darn well on Ebay since I put up my first auctions two weeks ago.
At this point I have done $160.75 in sales and my expenses on these items were very small for the most part. Some of the things I have owned for years so selling them off this way is great.
I have been thinking about opening an Ebay store and really start dumping things on there.
I may go the route of marking things a couple dollars higher and charge all customers in the U.S. $1.00 shipping. It is a gimmick that works. I have tested low or no shipping fees and the results from those tests are good.

Garden is planted from this weekends goods. Will plant seeds tomorrow, get my haircut, get the oil changed and ship some Ebay winner their goods.

Peace my friends.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your holiday could not have been much better. Flea markets are some of the funnest places; like wally-world, the people are real, but unlike wally-world, it ain't wally-world. They are like a religious experience, and you have to throw something in the collection plate, even if you buy just an un-needed trinket.

Anonymous said...

That is a hell of a good photo; I like the subdued, even light.

Anonymous said...

And the tire tracks. :-)

Tammy said...

Yes, the lemon balm can be used in iced tea. you can put it in most anything where a lemon flavor is wanted. my mom makes an amazing ice herbal tea with the mints out of her garden and lemon balm with some honey. very refreshing and healthy. my plants are still waiting for me to stick them in the dirt.

Mark said...

It was a good holiday all the way around. I love going to flea markets. I have since I was a little kid. Crazy people and treasure seekers buying things things from crazy vendors.

The picture is of Daytona Beach at about 7:00 in the morning in July.
I like beach on the beach at sunrise.

Well I am going to make tea from the lemon balm. If it tastes as good as it smells I'll be in heaven. It has such a sweet pleasing scent. Well I would hold off on the plants. Looks like a few days of heavy rain.