Thursday, November 19, 2009

Enough of me

So enough of me for the moment. A little politics for today.

So Sarah Palin is upset that Newsweek put a picture of her in her running outfit on the cover this week. You should have not posed for that picture if you did not want something of that nature to be brought to the public at large. However I suspect that you are actually glad it is on the cover. Now you can go out and say it is degrading to you, you did pose, and generate some level of unwarranted sympathy. Only fools will fall for this trick. There are many fools.

I see that Howard Berman D-California and the House Foreign committee Chairman has said that the United State has no right to restrict us from traveling to Cuba. Cuba is the only country that we can not travel too. It is about time that somebody gets the ball rolling here. We should have been able to travel there years ago. The embargo NEVER worked. It is amazing that we have been held hostage by the older Cuban community in Miami. Do you think those folks would move back to Cuba today if they had the chance? Not a chance in hell. It would snow in Miami before they would move back. No matter what the Cuban gov't says in public you know they want Americans coming to Cuba. The United States will be the driving force behind getting Cuba back on its feet. The Miami Cuban community needs to get their collective heads out of the rear ends and look at the facts. Time for bitterness is over folks.

Now for tonight's dinner. Last Friday I went to the Friday Market in downtown Tampa. I ended up buying some pasta. There was a booth selling tons of different styles and flavors of pasta.
I ended up getting one called fanciful fruit blend. It is lemon, lime, tangerine and raspberry.
Hope it is good.

My house is invaded by freakin ants again. Bastards won't go away. Time to nuke the whole darn house.

Picture is from Tampa.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

If Cuba was open for business for the US I'd wager that the entire state of Florida would become an extension of Cuba. At least the coffee is good. I wish I had learned Spanish in school. I think an ethnic group in this country has great opportunity to thrive. I've never been black, Cuban, or Mexican so I don't know exactly what it feels like to be the subject of predjudice but I do think that hard work and diligence pays off no matter what color the skin.

Anonymous said...

Love the sign photo.

Palin dotes on that kind of exposure; she knows the press is doing her a big favor.

Look at all the photo ops someone like you and I would have in Cuba. In many ways, it is still 1959 over there.

Our greedy corporations played a big part in why the Castro revolution took place and was successful, and you know they want to get their filthy hands back in control of that nation. Cuba has a lot to gain and a lot to lose by our renewed presence there; they better be careful if we do "normalize" relations.

Hope the noodles are good.

Mark said...

I think Cuba would in many ways become a state and that would not be good. I uded to work with some Americans who went to Cuba before Castro and it was a big party scene.

Cuba would be a photography heaven.

Cuba was a big mafia heaven in the early 50's. It is amazing that corporate America has not been able to push the Cuba agenda. Kind of odd. The bad thing is money will flow to a few people thereand most will stay dirt poor or leave and come here.

The noodles were good. However they actually taste much better cold. The flavor stands out much more.