Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Cleaning the Junk

So after looking for jobs this morning, finding nothing in this area or Asheville except retail jobs,
I decided I would clean out the laundry room and the shed. Since the laundry room is outside off the porch it is like a shed and full of junk, aka crap. I went through both of these storage areas and tossed a bunch in the garbage and then put a bunch by the side of the road. It did not take long before the junkers came by and hauled off a bunch of the items for scrap metal and whatever else they were going to do with it. All that is left is a bookshelf and a perfectly good Dell monitor.

I just looked at my Ebay auctions and see that one book has a bid and four others have people watching the auction. Seems like a good sign.

Photo is from Tarpon Springs.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I checked out your auctions and have you bookmarked. I suppose I would have more problems selling my photography books than anything other than my history books. Even though I hardly read them and they are mostly stored in boxes, it would be like cutting off pieces of my fingers to let them go. Of course, I ain't very practical even when I'm broke.

Good luck on ebay and with finding a job, especially in the Asheville area.

Tammy said...

Lightening the load is a good idea. that way you can quickly move when the iron is hot to do so. Now is a perfect time to sift, sort, and organize and I am so happy to hear you are doing just that.

We have a regular scavenger in our neighborhood on trash day. I watch him from the window as he sifts through the trash on the street and often wonder what becomes of that stuff....He never fails to cut the cords off apliances and carrys a pair of wire cutters in his back pocket. I bet there is a story there.

Anonymous said...

Tammy, I bet he is stripping or burning the cover off the electric cords and selling scrap copper. Pretty good money there.

Mark said...

I bought the photography books to sell. I have more that I need to post. In fact all the books I have on Ebay now I bought a yard sales to sell.

As for getting rid of my "stuff" I keep on going through things and tossing stuff out.

I am thinking about putting my soda bottle collection on Ebay.
That would an auction of several hundred dollars. That will not be easy. I may keep some and part with the rest.

I like the junk guys. They usally have good stories.