Monday, November 9, 2009

Get your Produce. $1.00

So today I filed for unemployment online, at 6:00 a.m. Wanted to be ahead of the curve.
Then I decided I wanted to up to Webster and visit the super huge flea market. It is actually two really big flea markets. One part is 99% antiques, collectibles and such. The other side is a mix of old, new and some complete crap. They do have one main area that has tons of produce, cheap.
I bought fresh green beans, corn, red creamer potato's, broccoli, 7 bananas and a three pound bag of tangerines for a dollar each. A pineapple for 2 dollars. All good deals and all fresh. These farmers are mostly from Florida. Some come down from Georgia. Oh yeah I also bought two nice sized mint plants for a dollar each. They smell yummy.

Low temp today, but very very humid and windy. All from Ida buzzing by.

Tomorrows blog may not be as nice. I feel I need to bitch about some things I have seen lately.

Damm I think I already used this picture on this blog. Well who cares cause I like it. This is from the LAAFF Festival in Asheville. This is actually one of my faves from that vacation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Back when walking wasn't a challenge, I loved going to flea markets. Those were some damn good prices you got on the produce.

The guy in the black shirt in the photo: He looks a lot like Eli Manning. Good festival photo.

We are getting a lot of rain from Ida.

Mark said...

Yea flea markets are pretty cool. Thats is one of those things we used to do as a family when I was a kid. My brother always hated them.

Fresh produce and cheap. It is a winner.

Ha, I had not even thought of Eli Manning. Good call.

You guys are getting much more than we did from Ida. You have had your share of rain this year. Makeup from the drought.