Thursday, November 12, 2009

Things

Well my landlord, Jim, and I put up some shelves on the backside of the shed today. We are going to put in a garden. It is going to be 12 x 16. So it will be decent size garden. Veggies and flowers. I also have put up a couple bird feeders. They have yet to attract birds. However I have thrown some food and I have seen finches eating in the lawn. At least I think they finches. not really up on my bird knowledge. I know I have a very good bird book that I need to dig out and get up to speed on my birds. As long as I see some cardinals around I will be happy.

Tomorrow morning I am going to head out and do some picture taking as long as it is not cloudy like this morning. Then head downtown in the afternoon and check out the Friday downtown market. I want to see if I can sell some photos without a business license. Hopefully I can.
Then tomorrow night some of the folks I worked with want to take me out to dinner.

This picture was taken near downtown Tampa. For many years there was a store called Hyde Park Hemp and this was painted on the pole in front of the store. They went out of business earlier this year. times got too tough for them.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Yeah on the garden idea. If you are planting for the winter and need some ideas call me and I'll let you know what works for me anyhow. you have pretty sandy soil so I recommend starting a compost pile toot sweet. It isn't hard to do at all and you will love the benefits.
hope you sell your photos. I didn't pass.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the garden and the birds. Should be a lot of robins down your way now, but they don't mess with feeders. Cardinals, finches, chickadees, tits and nuthatches are always fun to have around. They all like sunflower seed.
Tammy is right about the compost; it is cheap, fairly easy, and better than chemical fertilizer.

Love that pic.
Peace, bro...

Mark said...

We are going to have a raised bed.
Jim got the wood yesterdat and has alrady put that together and painted the frame. I am going to tear out the grass. Hopefully we will the the dirt this coming week.

We are going to do compost. jim already had a box that we can use for the compost.

Tammy I'll call you on some suggestions and more importsntly on the passing comment. Keep the faith cause you still rock.