Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Going to Grandmas

Today I am heading to my grandmothers for the Thanksgiving holiday. I have spent somewhere around 15 of the last 20 Thanksgivings with my grandparents. I enjoy it although my grandmother thinks I get bored and would rather be elsewhere. She is wrong. I enjoy spending time with her. At 87 I know those holidays and other visits will not be going on for too many more years. Plus she has made me a batch of pumpkin cookies with chocolate chips. They are very good.

On Friday I am heading to Tammy and Mikes for the holiday weekend. More holiday fun with friends, really family. Tammy will have to give me gardening tips. I'll need some. Maybe Mike and I can go for a spin in his new car. Of course we will eat and eat well. Tammy cooks very well, so does Mike. Nothing like eating well cooked and tasty food. Maybe we will go to the St. Augustine flea market and the Farmers market. It will be a good holiday week.

I sold six of the thirteen items I had on Ebay last week. Three of the items are going out of country. One to Canada, one to England and one to Australia. It is somewhat of a pain in the ass to ship out of country. Trying to figure out the shipping charges can be a pain in the ass. I relisted what did not sell and listed a whole bunch of books.

This picture was taken when I was camping in St. Marys, Georgia. This is the St. Marys river.
I was standing on the street in front of my campsite and was looking the whole place over and saw the top of a vehicle going down the river. Of course I said "What the hell is that?". I grabbed my camera and went running to the cliff and caught this. Kind of cool.

Hope each and everyone of you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving.

See you Sunday.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Grandparents are special people. So glad you have that bond with your gram. I miss mine terribly, even after 3 years.

maybe you can help me turn in compost to the beds to work off some of your extra eating.

Mark said...

We have been blssed with our grandparents.

I'll dig the garden.

Anonymous said...

The photo is of some of our yankee ingenuity transplanted to the south.

Have a great time with your family and extended family.