Wednesday, November 18, 2009

How F***ing Dumb











Here is how my day started. Oh yeah, just freakin great. How did this happen you ask.
When Jim, aka the landlord, showed up this morning so we could dump more dirt into the garden. I had to move my truck from under the carport and onto the lawn. When I was backing up I swung the truck hard so I could get onto the lawn. Out of nowhere I here this awful sound. I say "What the fuck was that?". I look out the windshield and see one of the supports for the carport all busted up. I say "This is not good". Then I get out and look at the front left of my truck and say "@#$%%$%%#@$*" or "This is not good. While this happened Jim was sitting in his truck at the end of the driveway. Yippee for me. Can I start the day any better than this?
Well Jim is more worried about my truck and I am more concerned about the house. Go figure.
Thankfully the wood was just window dressing around the real support beam so no real foul.
As for the truck it is ok. Some of the plastic for the housing is broken. However I was able to snap it back into place for now. No way am I spending cash on a replacement at this time.
I think some rubbing compound and buffer will take the paint off the truck. There is a minor dent. However because of its location it really does not show.
Good way to start the day. Now this goes along with the fact I spilt paint on the rug while painting the hall the other night. I got 90% recovered. When I showed Jim he said what paint on the rug. I can see better than him. Then for the topper when we were getting one of the loads of topsoil today when somebody backed into the front of his truck. No real damage. Just lots of paint exchanging between vehicles.
Can you do better for today?



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being laid off is very stressful. Glad it wasn't worse. I know all this is worrisome, and I feel badly for you; I really do. But man, I had to laugh at the way you told it. Sounds like you have a good drunk a coming; you deserve it. You stayed cooler than I would have.

Mark said...

Well my natural reaction would have to become unfinged. LOL. However once I knew I could put the housing back in place I was more or less of. Then i went and took my blood pressure meds and a Xanax.

Then back to shoveling dirt.
5 yards today. My back is killing me.

Tammy said...

buuuuummmmmer is all I have to say. Keep shoveling dirt, it cures many woes.

Mark said...

Well I shoveled 1 yard today.

Have been doing the job looking thing. Nothing out there right now.

Tammy said...

why doesn't paul read your blogs? I have some seeds for you and some plants to share when you come up. We can go to my favorite nursery and get you a Patcholi plant! I am never sorry that you made me get a bird (or 3). They are my children as you know. but if Mike kicks me out, I'm coming to live with you with all 3 of them!

Mark said...

I am not sure why Paul does not read my blog. Although it does have benefits. At least we don't have to figure out his choatic ramblings. I do want to go to that nursery. I want to get another of those lemon verbena plants and whatever else strikes my fancy.

In the most unlikely case that Mike kicked you out you are welcome to come with the birds.
The birds would be required to go on roadtrips if nobody would come over to care for them. :)