Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Hello, my name is Skippy



So here I am. It is Tuesday morning and the surgery was successful. Two screws in the tibia. One in the front and one in the back. I removed the immobilizer cast this morning since that was causing me more pain than anything else. It was stretching one of the muscles and was unbearable. I will put it back on when I go out and about.

Having Mike here has been a blessing. Not sure if he realizes it or not.

The Doc wants me out of work for 7 to 10 days basically to keep me from being to mobile.

Going grocery shopping today and stock up so that I can be set for a couple weeks for the most part.

That is for now. I am back and ready to take on the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you ready for me?

3 comments:

Tammy said...

So glad you are ok. Now the mending part starts. I'm sure you'll have frustrating moments but try to remember this is just temporary. I told Mike that you should wear tights or panty hose under your immobilizer so it doesn't pinch or rub you - He didn't think you'd be willing to try it!

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to wear pantyhose! If Joe Willie and wear them, so can I ... and you!

If they leave the screws in your leg, you will be forever setting off airport alarms and all the other alarms they will be coming up with. Patience is the key word, now.

Anonymous said...

I'm also so glad that you are ok, Mark, and please give my regards to your friend Mike.
I remember that I was removing my immobilizer too, and it was a good rest my yellow/purple leg. BTW, I can't imagine you (or other men) wearing pantyhose!
I think 7 - 10 days out of work is a good time for adaptation.
Ken is right, patience is the key word now.
Have a good evening.
xo