Thursday, January 12, 2012

Halfway Clean



At least half of me is clean. Taking a shower with one leg sticking outside the tub for most of the shower is interesting. I did manage to lift my left leg in so I could wash some of the iodine off. Actually the bench Mike made works well and is very safe.

The leg does not hurt as much today although the swelling in my foot refuses to go away. My foot and ankle have lots of blood just sitting around looking ugly.

Lots of birds at the main feeder today. They must be bulking up for the next cold snap.

Time for a nap

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it's possible please massage your foot using a cosmetic oil and move your toes.
Different birds love my city; they are not hungry here. There are many crows and magpies in Warsaw. Crows are v. intelligent, magpies are funny.
Yes, sleeping (the naps) are always good when we are sick and weaken.
Be well, Mark.

Anonymous said...

I too have to use a shower seat when I am on crutches; at best, you can never feel absolutely clean.

Probably not best to elevate the foot too much; don't need blood clots swimming around.

We are under a winter storm advisory tonight and tomorrow; ice and snow and wind. Hope most of it stays clear of you.

Suet and bird food; I need to pick up some extra.

Read Sisters Brothers yet? Pretty good.

Mark said...

I take the immobilizer off so it does not restrict the blood flow and I am going to soak it tonight.

For birds i have lots of cardinals, wrens and some bluejays, pigeons, woodpeckers and birds I can not identify. Crows are super smart, something most people do not know.

I like naps.

Being French I can smell and it is okay.

I just looked at a Boone webcam and see they have a snowy mix at 9 p.m. guess it must be the same for you. Too warm here for anything like that.

Have not read it yet.