Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Mom and Dad


So the quick visit with my parents ended yesterday morning as they headed south to sunny Florida for a month. On Sunday we headed down to Seagrove, the pottery capital of America, and went to a few pottery stores and a few potters own shops. Most of the places are closed on Sundays but there were still a fair amount of places open. My mom bought some things that she is going to be giving out as Christmas gifts. I also bought a large vase that had some minor glaze problems. It was $45.00. Regular price on it was $90.00. I bet if most people looked at it they would not know there were any issues with the vase. I saw many things in the area that are photo worthy and will head down there again fairly soon for a photo safari.
It was good to have my parents here even though it was a short visit. You take what you can get.
Not sure if they are going to stop on the way home. I suspect they will but who knows. They may be able to be here for my birthday and that would be cool.
Looks like we will be getting our last blast of winter snow today. Anywhere from a dusting to 4 inches on the high side. Seems they really are having trouble predicting this one.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Not so sunny Florida is where they are headed today. 80% chance rain which is proving to be on target. The rest of the week is predicted to be nice and I hope they can thaw out a bit. cool that you got in a quick visit. Sometimes those are the best kinds of visit. When we come up maybe we can hit the pottery highway.
The strain of the lab is upon us. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Wish you could have spent more time with the parents.
Sounds like you are in pottery heaven. Back in the day in W. Va., I bought some glassware from some of the small manufacturers in the Ohio Valley, and most of it had defects such as small bubbles and such. Now there is a sizable market for that type of "bad" glass.

@Tammy; it can't stay bad weather forever. THEY say spring moves north at about 15 mi. per day, and if you see any heading my way, I will be forever grateful if you will hurry it along a bit. It is snowing here, too.

Mark said...

Two inches of snow. Nothing stuck to the roads. It looks nice actually.

We will visit the pottery world when you come up, I have some money put aside for "fun" and I will use some of that money for pottery.

I always liked bubble glass myself.