Monday, March 29, 2010

Storm Front


We got hammered with some major thunderstorms last night. Tornado warnings all night long and some touched down just southwest of here. We had 4 inches of rain in Greensboro. Temps will be in the low 80's this weekend. Spring is here, leaves are popping out, lawns are getting mowed for the first time. Hooray.

Yesterday I stopped at the big state farmers market and it is still fairly quiet. I did by some homemade bread and then some farmer fresh eggs. I talked to a guy from the farm for a bit.
Here is the link the their website, http://www.petersonrealfood.com/ . They have a Facebook page and a Flickr site. I think I am going to go back and talk with the guy and see if they will let me do some photography of the farm. Maybe we can work out some type of deal and I can get some free food.

My parents will be here tomorrow night. Then they head back home. Quick little visit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We didn't have a lot of rain but the winds were gusting.

I like the link; they have an informative site.

Hope there is nice weather for the parent's visit.

Anonymous said...

My oldest boy had a fire truck very similar to the one in your photo.

Mark said...

It was wild in some parts of the area.

I nned to go back and get one of these trucks.