Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Do You?

Well I really am not the most confident person by any means. However I am very confident that I am a good photographer. It is very likely the thing I am most confident about. I am a good photographer. The funny thing is since I am not good at the social game I get penalized.
How you ask. Well one example is that I am one of the least popular photographers on Megashot. I know this is because I do not spend endless amounts of time sitting at my desk looking at and commenting on countless pictures hour after hour. Since my pictures are so different than 99% of what is on Megashot at this time I would think that would warrant views. Guess I am wrong.
I just feel that commenting on picture after picture, when so many are the same picture, amounts to mindless drivel.
Being different is a burden sometimes. :)
As for my confidence that is another whole story for another time.
Peace my friends.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a very good photographer. As far as Megashot, you get as many or more comments than do I. You only have three people in your network, so they are the only ones who readily know when you post something. One of your contacts has been taking a break from the computer for awhile. There are still less than 150 members and most of them live in a different world from us. Try joining some communities and posting and commenting in them. Also try placing your photos on Explore to be rated. Put the sugar out and the ants will come. Eventually. :-)))

Just don't give up; post your photos, keep the faith in yourself, and to hell with the artsy-fartsy crowd.

Besides, I want to give up first! :-)

http://skyshooter.megashot.net/
Jimi is a good photographer and is a lot like us. He is off and on Megashot, but he does comment when he is there.

Anonymous said...

Oh Yeah! I rated your photo on Explore. I gave it all 10's and one 9; I would have given it all 10's (I don't remember which category it was that got the 9) but I didn't want to look too obvious. :-)

Tammy said...

I have looked at some of the photos posted on those sites. I saw a lot of model-ey type stuff with young people posing with their shirts off trying to look all mysterious and junk. yawn. the road less traveled is always more interesting and full of rocks and roots I suppose. join an adult-ed class or some local groups for some hands-on networking... never know who you will find.

Mark said...

Well I am not going to give up on Megashot. I'll get a little more active and see what happpens. It will be interesting to how the site grows.

I have looked at adult-ed classes. Nothing yet. But will keep looking. There seem to be afaor amount of them around here.