Monday, March 8, 2010

Warming up

We have made the turn towards spring. The weather was beautiful this weekend. Sun and a little bit of cloud cover were just perfect. The only bummer this weekend was another migraine or whatever my headaches are. Another one Saturday afternoon. I took a nap at about five or so and that was it. I woke up at 8:47 had a bowl of cereal and went back to sleep. Did not get up again until after midnight. Then back to sleep until 5:00 a.m. Lovely.

I did get out and get some good shots of the area. So all was not lost and I did find some neat places that I will head back too in the near future.

I posted a picture of Asheville on Megashot and Flickr this weekend that I like a whole bunch. I think I am going to enter it into a photo contest the "Our State" magazine is having. The magazine is about North Carolina and is actually a pretty good magazine. It will give some great ideas of places to go and see on future roadtrips. Anyhow I think the picture is pretty darn good and may win. However it is not "pretty" in the standard sense and that may hurt it.

These are two pottery kilns in Seagrove, NC. There are kilns all over the place and most are full and getting to be opened to show hidden treasures. Some of the potters actually make these big events. Kind of cool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is still a bit chilly in the hills, but still beats the hell out of what we are used to.

I am heading to Megashot to see what you posted.

Hope the headaches are gone.

Mark said...

The headaches are gone for now.

I want to enter the stair picture from Asheville. It may not win but it is a good shot and contest worthy.