Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Busy


Work has been very busy. I have been very busy finding and winning a bunch of bids for us over the last couple weeks. It is all new business for us. we have been very aggressive in getting this new business and getting our name back out there again. The good thing I see is that everybody seems to happy and working well together. It has been a long time since I have been in that situation. Seems odd really.
When my parents were here my mom suggested that I find a little storefront somewhere around here and open a little store on the weekends a sell my photos. It is not something I cam afford right now but the idea intrigues me. I am sure that in some of the smaller towns that have some tourist trade that I could find a store front in an old building at a decent rate.
It is something I need to look into and see what the cost would actually be. A gaol for the future.
Picture is looking up into the sky of Key West.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

I think that is a cool idea and I know you would be very good at it. you could sell other stuffs too not just photos... what I know not.Use your retail knowledge. Busy work is better than none. Cody is going to the Keys for a week in August. I have passed on my torch. toodles

Anonymous said...

Hope the company recognizes your contributions and will reward you accordingly.

There are so many small-town celebrations these days, you might think about hitting a few of them and renting a booth or space to sell your art. You will for sure meet a lot of other interesting people who share your passion.

Your photo is very Hemingway-ish. I like it.

Mark said...

Well the idea of having a store to sell my photos and others works of art is very interesting. The only way to do it currently would be someplace where I could live above the place. Have the place open on weekends or something along those lines.

Something too look into and plan for.

I would hope my work is recognized accordingly. I think it will happen.

I have also enterained the idea of doing some small town celebrations. It would be a good place to start and get a feel for market.