Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Treasures and Junk

On the History Channel there is a show called "American Pickers" about two guys who have an antique business in Iowa. They travel the country looking for junk and treasures at peoples homes for the most part. They come across some very interesting characters in the show and find some pretty cool things.

This would be the perfect job for me. It involves antiques, collectibles and traveling the road. For me it would also involve photography. Some of the places they go too are just the kind of places that would be like heaven for me as a photographer.

Maybe someday down the road I can open a little store that involves photography and some type of antiques, mostly small collectible type of items.

The name of the business "Fading America Photography and Collectibles"

46 and still dreaming of what can be.

Picture is from Asheville, NC.

http://www.history.com/shows/american-pickers

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the photo. A hint: the photo seems to be showing some barrel distortion of bowing out a bit at top and bottom. It is a common problem which can be fixed by software.

You are right; the best thing about American Pickers are the characters who own the junk. Every time we watch the show, I see something odd and tell Carolyn "Mark would love to shoot that".

Mark said...

I think the distortion is from the crop. Howver I need to hear about the software.

The show is right up my alley.

Anonymous said...

Most commercial software has filters to take care of barrel distortion, fisheye distortion, and pincushion distortion. Somewhere I have some older copies of Paintshop Pro which is very easy to use. I will hunt them up and send you one if you want it.