Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Comfortable


You know how sometimes you do not want to get out of bed in the morning. This was one of those mornings. I was not tired, the bed was so darn comfortable. Oh well, such is life.
If you watch the news it is amazing to watch the Democratic Party coming apart. What a bunch of fools. Good way to show how you use your leadership to run the country. Idiots.
Congratulations to the UConn Huskies women's basketball team. They are simply amazing. There is one thing that can be learned from Geno and his teams. They play for a common goal and play as a team. Showboats and players who play for themselves either never make the team or if they do make the team they learn to play as a team player or collect splinters. The leaders of the country could learn a thing or two from this.
Want to listen or read some slightly radical left politics? Listen to Dave Marsh on Sirius on Sundays. His show is "Land of Hopes and Dreams" on Sunday from 2 to 5. Great thought provoking show. Pushes buttons and makes you think. He has a blog coming soon.
This is the same Dave Marsh who wrote about Bruce Springsteen back in the 70's. He know his politics and rock n roll.
Asheville Church on a little side street.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

UConn deserves a lot of credit; they won out over some very good basketball teams. Even though I personally dislike Geno, I have said for a long time he is the best coach in women's basketball.

The democratic party has no leadership at any level. The president as a leader is a pathetic joke, and the congressional big-wigs take us all for granted. Mark, we have come to far down the road of self-destruction. Talking will do no good, we need action in one way or another to put this country back beneath the umbrella of its Constitution. "We have met the enemy and he is us," said the great Walt Kelly. He was a real Democrat.

One of you best photos, especially with the new-looking flag peeping from the window. This should go into any book you publish.

Tammy said...

Mike's dad must be estatic about the UConn girls. He calls them "my girls." I keep telling Mike to get up there and take him to a game. Damn the cost. I hope someday he listens to me and just does it or he may have regrets.... I can't wait for summer although with the way things are going I'm not sure if we can afford to get away for a long weekend even. I planted some of my seedlings finally and it felt good to get back in the dirt, my church as it were. My soil is finally starting to look healthy w/ a bounty of worms. I like this photo as well, one for the book as Ken says. I am disappointed in the fact that our president isn't able to get more done. Now I think we are all sick of hearing about the health care reform and how many of us really believe it will come to pass.

Mark said...

Well I bey many Uconnfans do not like Pat. Thats ok, they both are great coaches and know how to get the job done and that is what counts.

Mike should order tickets for them at a game in Hartford.

None of us have any political leaders worth a darn anymore. I wonder what will be the cause that makes people really start to rebel.

I am glad y'all like the picture.
Maybe I'll enter that one as well in the "Our State" contest.