Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Lookout Greensboro, The Pez is coming

For good or bad, better or worse, and all other things that apply in this situation I am making the plunge and moving to Greensboro, NC. The exact date is still to be determined but in the first or second week of January I will be living in North Carolina. It looks like I will head up on the 28th and head back on New Years eve. Those couple days will be spent getting a place to live. I hope that is enough time to accomplish everything. If that goes well I guess I will move up sometime the following week.

So that means I have a whole ton of things to do the next few weeks around here. I have plenty to pack and plenty to throw in the trash and what I do not trash or pack is going to get sold. There are a few places near my house that will come in and buy whatever you have that you are getting rid of. I doubt you get a whole bunch for those items but any cash will help at this point. The less I have to move the better off I am and I suspect it will also cost a little less.

This is going to be a massive change for me. I have lived in Tampa longer than I have lived in any other town in my life and the house I live in now is the second longest I have lived in any place outside of the house I grew up in. So it will all be a bit overwhelming for a few weeks.

One of the big advantages is I will moving closer to Bluefield, Asheville and Ken's house. :)
It will be good for my photography. This area is much more rich with the things that I like to photograph. It should be a little cheaper than Tampa. Not much, but any amount helps.

So I am happy, glad, scared, nervous, excited, and so on......................................

That is enough for this morning. My brain is swimming with chaos.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

you will do just fine and probably will go through the range of emotions more than once before you really are able to believe what has happened. I'll miss you terribly as you know but who knows what the future holds for us all. Our bond will never be broken no matter how far we are from each other. I can some visit!

Get busy, stay focused and purge.

Don't forget to take your lemon balm.

I'll be anxious to see how your next few weeks go.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the foothills!

You are over the first tough hurdle; making the decision to do it.

One thing; people up this way are like those in Tampa ... they hardly ever use their turn signals. :-)

Hope you find suitable digs and settle in quick-like. Exciting times, my friend.

The photo fits the occasion.

Mark said...

First emotion. What is all this crap. Oh yeah its trash.

Of course our bond will never be broken. You know my door is always open.

The lemon balm will be going with me in the truck.

Thank you sir. Although it would have been nice if you kept the turn signal thing to yourself.

Once I am settled I think my first daytrip will be to Bluefield and see what my property looks like.

It will get crazy. I will need to get up early and stsrt each day. My energy fades late in the day.

My fingers are crossed.

I did find somebody who will come and buy whatever I am not going to bring with me. I know I won't get a bunch that way but I will get something for it and I do not have to move it.