Saturday, December 12, 2009

Bright Eyes




Last week at the opening for the Xmas art show they had a professional photog doing sittings for $10.00. Even though I hate getting my pictures taken I decided that for that price I would give it a shot and see what happened. Well these are the three that he sent me from all he took. I am going to give one of these to my parents as a Christmas present. I just need to decide which one.
I think for them the standing shot would be the best.
I am amazed at how bright my eyes are in the last shot in the series. I have been told by a few people that my eyes really stand out depending on what color shirt I am wearing. The thing is he showed me the shots right out of the camera and they were like this at that point so I know he did not Photoshop them to make them like this. I know my eyes can be green or blue depending on what I am wearing but never have I seen them like this.
And now for the week ending garden update. All is going quite well to this point. On Monday I started green beans, cucumbers, cilantro, bell peppers and sun flowers from seed. I put them in a seed started tray and them put them in the shed until today. Well the green beans and cucumbers have gone crazy. I should be able to plant the green beans in the garden on Monday and the cucumbers on Tuesday soon followed by the sunflowers. It seems the peppers and cilantro will take a bit longer. I take some pictures and post those this coming week,


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your parents will be proud of whichever photo you choose, but I do like the standing one best. Your eyes are remarkable in both the color photos. The beard is looking well for you, especially in the top photo.

You are killing me with the veggies. It will be more than three months before we can even think about gardens.

Laurie said...

I agree...the top black and white one is great!

Mark said...

I think for my parents the standing picture is the best. I actually bought a beard trimmer the other day and used it Sunday It was the first time I have actuakkt trimmed the whole beard since I started growing it.

The garden is fun for sure. If I move to Greensboro I'll be in the same boat as you. No matter what I think when the thing starts to produce produce that there will be a veggie overload. We will be able to set up a stand someplace.

For someone who hates having their picture taken these all came out quite well.

Tammy said...

peppers take a long time, be patient. Cilantro usually pops up quickly but those seeds may be old.