Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Good Times



This has to be one of the best uses of music in a movie. If you have not seem Almost Famous check it out. It is a pretty cool movie. Kate Hudson is great in her role as Penny Lane. I love the end of the clip when she says "You are home" and does her little hand gesture.

I hear them playing Reveille at the base. They play it at 6:20 every morning. Then at 4:20 they play the Star Bangled Banner and at 10:00 p.m. they play Taps. Its kinda cool. You can hear it every morning and when the wind is blowing this way you can hear it from all the speakers across the base. I like it.

Have to go over to Jim's this morning and give him some lessons on how to use Outlook. He has had AOL as his email for years and something happened that would not let him retrieve his AOL email. I could not even fix it. So last week I went over and set up his email through Road Runner and set it up through Outlook. He does not quite understand it. So I need to give him lessons.

Fell asleep last night at 8:30, woke up at 9:45 and decided to back to sleep on the couch. Got up at midnight and spent about an hour and a half watching Graham Norton clips on YouTube. If you have BBC America check this show out. It is on Saturdays nights at 10:00 p.m. It is a talk show/comedy show and totally irreverent and usually pretty damm funny.

If the weather is going to be nice tomorrow I think I am going to take a photo roadtrip someplace. Not sure where but I need to get some pictures and it has been a little bit since I has gone out for a bunch of shots.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

agreed, cool song. good movie. I'm gonna rent it again. I hate outlook but hopefully you can help him out.
From my window, the WEATHER looks sunny so far. Hopefully you can get some good photos. I especially liked the mailbox w/ the beer bottles shoved inside. you are getting pretty good at this story-telling journey.
I'm starting to get my focus back into dance and it feels good.

.. remember.. if you don't get started, you'll never finish.
happy wed to you

Mark said...

I just put it into my Netflix list.

It is very humid here today. Feels like rain is coming. I know we are going to get rain tommorrow so the photo trip is out. Maybe on Friday.

Thanks, I like the mailbox picture. Saw that and had to turn around for that one.

Jim is all set, I think. He is so used to AOL that Outlook is very strange for him. I think he will catch on.

Anonymous said...

I watch Graham Norton and Benny Hill. As funny as Benny was (at least for me), he lived the life of a lonely hermit.

Good luck with the shooting.

Mark said...

Benny Hill was classic. I did not know he was a hermit.

Graham is very funny. It is interesting how that show is so different than anything we produce here.