Monday, March 21, 2011

Green Green Grass of Home



What song does one play when it is the first day you become a home owner?
Well this song will work quite well for me. Thanks Gram. I like your version.

A little poem from me.


Small town life, no family in tow.
Garden to plant. walls to paint.
Memories to make, new friends to sow.

Trains roll by, birds will sing.
Ghosts of the past, new life to live.
Memories to make, what will they bring.

The church, the tavern, small town staples.
The crazy old man, the lovely young girl.
Memories to make, under the town's old maple.

The old house creaks under the weight of dreams.
The walls are talking, not saying what they mean.
Memories to make, so it seemss.


Ok so it may not be great. Just whipped that up while having my second cup of coffee.

Peace my friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mindset is perfect! Print the poem, frame it, and hang it in a prominent place in the new house. Maybe add a line-drawing of the house to illustrate it.

Anonymous said...

First time I heard the Parsons version of one of my favorite ballads. Well done.

Mark said...

I will print it and post it with a picture of the house. Maybe a black and white picture.

I had never heard Grams version before. I spent a long time looking for a song to post today.