Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Final Countdown


A majority of the packing will be done today. Need to get a couple more boxes from work to finish up this week. Sort, pack, trash. That is the theme.

Lovely weather this weekend. In the upper 60's.

Finally got tires on Friday. Damm it feels weird to have new tires. I almost do not like it. You get so used to the worn one they are like old jeans or sneakers.

Hooray for the time change. It will be light until a decent time of the night so I can do things outside after work when I get to the house.

I need paint, ladders, rakes, assorted clippers for plants and trees, wheelbarrow. rain barrels, hoses, little trays to start plants. Send me your checks, please.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like new tires; for a few days the world is quiet while I drive.

I like DST; I don't have to get up early anyway so now I can enjoy more porch sitting; if it ever gets warm enough to do any.

Better pick a book on basic electrical installs and repairs, along with one for plumbing. Home-ownership: the place where the law of the land is Murphy's!

Anonymous said...

Disclaimer :-)
Now that i have sounded like a wet rag with the Murphy's Law bit, I can say that we have bought two new houses in our lives, plus this one which was three years old when we got it, and we never did have major problems from any of them. The first one was near perfect; Carolyn was foreman when it was being built. The second one had a minor water leak and the one we are in now had the worst problem; a tree fell on it after we lived in it three months. I would guess your home has been well cared for and you will probably be able to prop up your feet and enjoy it for many years. Probably ... ;-)

Mark said...

I am definetly going to pick up some books. I can see myself doing plumbing, electrical not so much.

Woodworking not a problem.

Tools are the problem. Yard sales will be the place I get most of those.

I am sure Murphy will be hanging around.