Monday, September 27, 2010

The Works


So the rundown of how the gallery went. I brought the books I had done and some of the things I had here so she would have a variety of work to look at. She liked what I had since, for the most part, it was not like the photography she had.. She wants several large prints mounted and matted that can be hung and smaller prints that are are inexpensive. I have several in mind and a decent cross section of what I have so that there should be something for most people.

Instead of charging for space the gallery gets 40% of the selling price. So now I need to really get to work and pick some work to get in there. The selling season should be getting into full swing with Christmas right around the corner.

Brutally hot Saturday, rain almost all day yesterday and look like lots of rain today. Bet this helps the leaves turn fairly quickly now.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

This is exciting news! Hope it goes well and it is a rewarding experience for you. When were you thinking about meeting up in Savannah? sounds like a cool idea...

Anonymous said...

That is one cool pic!

Man, I hope the gallery works for you and you can at least get your foot in the door to the commercial art world.

Mark said...

It will be interesting to what type of stuff sells.

Let me look at some dates for Savannah and see what we can come up with.

Ken, that what I was thinking. I figure once you get a space in a gallery then it should be easier to more in other galleries.

Thanks on the pic. Totem pool art.