Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Botany Bay


Here is a shot of part of the beach at Botany Bay on Edisto Beach Island, SC. Perfect example of mother nature reclaiming land. Forty years ago the beach here was a least a half mile out in the Atlantic from where it is today. Now there are shrimp boats where the beach used to be. You can not take any shells or wood from the beach. It is very surreal when you emerge from the woods and step onto the beach.

Think I am going to get my hair cut today. It is starting to look a little scraggly.

Great baseball game last night between the Rays and Yankees. The Rays won 1-0 in eleven innings.
If things follow the natural pattern between these two teams tonights game will be a score fest.
The win put the Rays in first place by 1/2 game.

Not sure what is going on with my computer but every site that I have a password on it is not remembering my password and I always have to log in. What a pain in the ass. Too many usernames and passwords to remember.

7 comments:

Tammy said...

I like your long hair. I would love exploring this beach. Perhaps some day Florida will look like this again! and all the damn New Jersey/New Yorkers along with it.

Mark said...

It is a very cool beach. Not like any beach I have been on before.

My hair will still be long. It just needs a trim, in my hippie opinion.

How was Teddy's?

Tammy said...

I always love going home of course. It was good time. Mom came too we spent the entire day w/ the kids shopping for wedding clothes. I was exhausted at the end but they were troopers and minded very well. Renee made supper and it was so lovely to have someone else make a meal for me. Mike & Teddy worked in the garage. Going back down this weekend (me for the bridal shower) and Mike to help Teddy. Timmy is coming over too so
the clan will be almost fully assembled. Then the good ole boys from the neighborhood come over and the stories of our youth/teen years are told. good for my soul.

Anonymous said...

That piece of beach does look weird.

Gotta get my haircut tomorrow ... maybe.

Maybe a trojan or virus has set your browser to delete cookies each day or when you power down the pc. Never trust your malware checker.

Mark said...

I am sure it was good to get away and not have to do everything.

I'd like to get back to that beach and shoot in the early morning light.

DiscoverEdisto.com said...

That is a great shot of the Botany beach. If you plan to come back between now and the end of the year be sure to check that Botany will be open. They close for deer hunting regularly.

Mark said...

Thanks Edisto. I'll keep that in mind since I have quite a drive to get down there. Its a very cool place.