Sunday, May 30, 2010

Teach a Man


Hope you are having an enjoyable holiday weekend so far. Weather has been absolutely perfect.
I went for a little ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway yesterday. The temps were perfect. Up high it was cool and cloudy. The lower you were the sunnier and warmer it was. I wanted to take a nap out there someplace.

Went into Boone and went to the same bookstore, Dancing Moon, that I visited on Easter.
Picked up two books. One on meditation and one on yoga. Can't hurt to practice these at all.

I know the meditation is something I will be able to do. Yoga is another story.
But my doctor recommended both of these for my headaches so I will give them a shot.

Picture is from St. Pete Beach this past December. All I did was darken this a tad to lessen the brightness of the sun. Otherwise this is how it looked. It was insanely foggy and this was late in the afternoon. It was very odd.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Parkway is awesome; it is rated one of the top three scenic drives in the US. Hope you got some good vistas but it is doubtful this time of year.

Hope you've found relief from the headaches.

That is one awesome photograph. It should sell well if enough people see it.

Tammy said...

Mark YOGA books are good but I recommend a good teacher and hang in there for a few months. You'll end up learning a bunch that way and then can get into your own YOGA practice. check out classes through adult ed or community classes, they don't have to be expensive. Hatha YOGA is the type that I recommend. Good for core strengthening and minimal fru fru crap.

Mark said...

The views were pretty good overall and it really was not that crowded.

Thanks Tammy I'll look into the classes. Had not considered the schools for that.