Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Bluefield Steps


So I made a little journey up to Bluefield yesterday to see what my little piece of property looked like. I almost drove past it. I recognized the stairs and the house across the street otherwise it looked a little different. The used to be some type of pine tree on each side of the stairs. A few years ago the power company called me and asked if they could trim the trees from the power lines. They cut the damm things down and let the crap all over the yard. The whole length of the front along the wall is disgusting. However I hired the guy across the street to clean it up. I do not think he has a real job and is a jack of all trades type of guy. He is going to clean the whole front that you can see from the road. I told him if he clean/mowed the top level section of land he could use it for his kids swing set. So at least the property will be somewhat cleaned up.
Did not get a lot of great pictures yesterday. They just came out crappy looking, Did see some lovely countryside. Will head back up in a few weeks too see what it looks like when it is cleaned up a little. Temps very very nice in the mountains yesterday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The steps photo is better than anything I got! The power co. probably figured you were an absentee slum lord so they could do whatever they wanted. The temp on Clingman's Dome Mt was 60 at best.

Mark said...

Well it did not look good. However Bluefield needs a bunch of help in many places.