Monday, May 3, 2010

Back to the grind


It was a fairly quiet weekend. Went to the market Saturday morning and bought some bread, coffee, goat cheese, mushrooms and lettuce. Came home with a migraine and took a nap.
After I woke I went for a little drive just to see how the cooling system is doing. I think all leaks are finally cured.

Yesterday was brutally hot and humid for this time of year. 87 degrees. I went to the Goat Lady Diary and spent a little over an hour there. They have goats, duh, and chickens and also tons of veggies on the property with their home. They also have more property that has pigs and three acres of veggies. All natural and organic. Lots of people and little kids. The baby goats and young goats are cool. Very friendly. The older goats seemed a little indifferent for the most part.
One of the things they feed the pigs is the "whey" they get from the cheese making process.

I f'd up a bid Thursday. It was for Hollywood, Florida. I forgot to send it out. Since our Miami store is 30 minutes from Hollywood I worked with the manager in Miami and got him the bid and had him redo everything I did. Cool. He left an hour before the bid so he could be there in plenty of time. Then he got stuck in a traffic jam on I-95 and ended up being too late to deliver the bid. FFFFFFFFFFFFFuck. Not good.

New pictures coming soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dad used to raise hogs and he fed them whey from a local cheese factory. The pigs got fat fer shur.

Goats are some of the strangest creatures alive; much like cats. Both can read human minds.

Too bad about the bid; hope it doesn't affect your job.

Mark said...

They do like to look you in the eye.

My boss was fine. These things happen. We did not really expect to win this one.