Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Too Long

So this week we are entering nine years of the "War on Terror". So glad that it is working so well. What have really accomplished during this war? Are we really safer? Are you happy with all the powers the government has now? Is the Obama war plan what you expected?

Did you see Brett Favre last night. Amazing how the guy still is so damm good. It is great to watch him because he is having so much fun.

Looks like I may need a hot water heater soon. I am trying to talk my landlord into a tankless system. I hope he goes for it.

Photo from South Beach. January 2007.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Mother Earth magazine just did an article this month on the tankless hot water system. I'll copy it and sent it to you, maybe that will help in convincing the landlord it is a good idea, especially for a small house.

Just purchased a side of grass-raised organic, farm-happy beef for the freezer. My next step is finding a farmer with happy chickens. I'm trying to avoid the mass marketed meat farms. Can't sleep at night knowing what those critters go through and the crap they are pumped with.

I guess the news has gotten tired of reporting about the war.. the gung ho public support has died with it. AT least NPR is still reporting newsworthy stories on the war. Those of who protested it in the beginning knew it would come to this.

Anonymous said...

If I weren't so old, I would put a tankless system in our house, but we folks in our "golden years" hardly ever bathe and never wash dishes.

I cannot see the US out of Oil-raq; it will most likely be total anarchy until a strong dictator or Islamic regime can take control. As for Afghanistan, what the hell is it good for anyway? Russia knows.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah; Favre still has a great arm and he makes some good Sears tv promos. :-)

Mark said...

Thanks Tammy. I think he will go for it as long as the price it right.

Outside of chicken I really do not eat much meat. I would much rather eat it if it was not pumped full of chemicals.

As for Afghanistan it is a big problem. I am not sure what will happen if we leave. I does have potential to become a breeding ground for terror. We went in with too few troops and now the American public has lost faith in the mess.