Sunday, October 25, 2009

My show submission


Back a few posts ago I mentioned that I wanted to put some work in the Tampa Artist Emporium. Well with money being very tight I have put that on hold. However I stopped in on Thursday for look around and ran into a guy who used to work for me at Big Lots. It has been 8 years or so since I had seen him. Well come to find out he and his wife are co-owners of the gallery. We started talking about the shop and they told me about an upcoming show for emerging artists. The show is called "Sticks of Fire" a Tampa Theme Show. They thought there was one spot still left for the show and said I should put something in the show.
Well I submitted the picture above and got accepted for the show. So the picture above will be going in and hopefully it will sell. If it does sell I can put in another picture as the works get to stay in the gallery for a month. I am going to get this professionally matted and framed and see what happens. Keep your fingers crossed. I know mine will be. The picture was taken in an alley in Ybor City. I think I will name it Ybor's Torture.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

good news! I am so proud of you. It never hurts to stick your toe in the water. I know you will do well.

Anonymous said...

Attaboy!!! My fingers are crossed and I spit into the wind!

Mark said...

Thanks folks. It should be fun and interesting. It will be intersting to hear peoples comments. If it sells I already have another picture in mind to go.