Thursday, October 22, 2009

So Far


Well vacation has been very good so far. Visiting old friends, Mike and Tammy. Meet an old Flickr contact, mscrant1971, for the first time. Sat around a fire and just relaxed. Ate good food, drank some beer, took pictures, walked on the beach, went to a flea market, photo museum and did nothing at times. Relaxing. Bought a book at the flea market called "Brass Tacks" by David Cushman Coyle. This is about economics that seems to be fitting for today. It was written in 1935. It was written so that the average American could understand it. Seems to be quite interesting. I'll keep up updated. It cost me a quarter. I also bought a 78 rpm record, it is a little warped, that is the size of a 45 record. It is red vinyl and is a religious record. It is old for sure. It was also a quarter. Maybe I'll frame it. I like old colored records. At the Florida museum of Photographic Arts the teeny tiny museum had a teeny tiny show of works by Burk Uzzle.
Check out his website and see great works from Woodstock among his works.
No comments on the news. I am on vacation and really could not care less for now.
Look for me in my balloon.
Photo is from last vacation. This is in Asheville.
Why the FUCK is Blogger not letting me create paragraphs. It is creating on big mess that is a pain in the ass to read.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are doing vacation the right way, my friend. The agenda is whatever comes next. Love it.

Tammy said...

WE loved having you here, as usual. You are never any trouble so know you have an open door when you pass this way.
how are you getting this stuff on the blog when you are away from the puter?
When we were kids we used to have this old colored (Can I say colored?) record which had whale songs on it. We used to listen to that thing ad nauseum. I simply loved it. I wish someone would have held on to that thing.

Have fun. Find any Georgia peaches? hope you get some good pictures.
We are going to my brother's place on Sat. I can't wait to roll around in the love of my family.

Mark said...

Ken--It has worked out well so far.

Tammy--Well I feel like I am at home when I am at your house. No Georgia peaches were found. Tell the family I say hello. And yes you can say colored.