Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Sleepy Time


Vollis Simpson's whirligig park.

Temps are cool this morning. Gonna be in the 50's today and 60's Wed and Thursday or Thursday and Friday.
Hardly feels like winter as of now. The winter solstice is coming soon. The longer days will be nice. Do not like getting home and it being dark.

One of the odd things with the weather and atmosphere is how it affects the sound of train whistles. There are times like yesterday when they seem extraordinarily loud and you can hear them a long way off. Have you noticed this Ken?

I am thinking of heading over towards Cherokee New Years weekend and do some shooting, weather permitting. Need new pictures of the area and want to get more pictures to put in a different gallery.

My house has about 20 different temperature zones.

A picture fell off the wall the other night. Damm trains. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your photos of oddball places.

Seems like damp days carry the train sound farther.

Tammy said...

I have the photos you gave me on my desk and see them every day. They fit well with the Buddah statue and my odd bits and pieces of life. its almost time for you to come visit us but I think I'd rather come stay with you. Maybe Memorial weekend can be our new "traditional" get away to markies place. you need a giant ornate turkish rug for your living room.

Mark said...

This place was pretty cool. When the wind comes up and they turn and clank it brings a smile.

I am glad my pictures are on your desk. I'd come for a visit but with 175,000 on the truck but that is ore than I want her endure at this point.

I have plans if you want to come up Memorial Day.

Does the rug repel Summer hair?