Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Chester, CT


This is a shot of the little downtown section of my hometown, Chester, Ct. It looks exactly the same as it has for many many years. The stores have changed and the paint is much more vibrant but otherwise the view is the same. Nice lttle small town New England feel. Much of the Doris Day movie "It Happened to Jane" was filmed in Chester.

When you see a homeless person at the same place everyday week after week, month after month, do you feel compassion or contempt?

I did not win the Mega Millions drawing last night. Too bad, I had plans for that money. 355 million would have been a nice score.

We may have some snow tonight and tomorrow morning.

What do you think killed 5000 birds in Arkansas and 100,000 fish?

John Boner and Bitch McConnell take control of the political agenda today. Get ready for the ride, its going to get ugly real soon.

I like my Kindle.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Birds scare so easily. If one of my birds is frightened by the smallest and I mean the smallest thing.. they all take off flying across the house as if they were chanced by satan himself. I wonder if some large noise just panicked them. Not sure about the fish. I feel sympathy and empathy for street people, always. I don't always give them money. I have more sympathy for older black men for some reason and there is no logic in my answer I know.. I'd be more willing to give a hug and a sandwich if they traded me for a palm frond flower. I like this quaint little town. parts of Torrington look like it as well.

Anonymous said...

My hometown was much like that until the tourist $$ arrived.

I only feel contempt for those who are homeless by choice; I could be one of the others at just anytime.

Untreated sewage in the water killed the fish and a giant fart from the sewage killed the birds.

I suppose Obama is happy someone else will be getting the eye of the news people.

Whatcha readin' on the Kindle?

Tammy said...

I also think that aliens may have had something to do with the bird situation. I don't think we can rule that out. or it could be a sign from god... no... I'll stick with the alien theory. The fish were probably polluted. Thank goodness it wasn't robins or pelicans... pelicans that could have been messy hey?