Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Steep Canyon Rangers and Steve Martin



Well spring is just around the corner. I have started getting seed catalogs in the mail. I think 2011 will be the year of the pepper.

My printer crapped out. Now I have another expense. UUUgggh.

Time to spend money on the truck. Oil change, tires, and rotors for the old boy. Got to keep it running for a another at least.

I need to upload pictures from my camera. Have three months worth on it right now. Who knows what treasures wait to be found.

My lease ends at the end of March. Time to begin the early search for a new place. Would like to find a house to rent. Really want to buy a home.

Wonder if I will get a raise next year? Not sure they are even giving them out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve Martin is another Stevie Wonderboy; love it.

Had to buy a battery for the Escape; shit ain't cheap.

If I had it to do over, I would never buy a house; too much baggage to go along with ownership. You are young and can get it done though.

Of course you will get a raise ... if you have faith in what I say on my blog. I really did send your blog address to the White House! Hope your vacation isn't on Gitmo.

Mark said...

Steve does play a pretty good banjo.

i want to buy a house. I want to have my own little heaven to rest in. I also want a garden to play in.

Well I have always wanted to go to Cuba. The embargo is one of the most idiotic policies the government has. Fuck the old Cubans in Miami. Like they would all leave and go home. Not a fucking chance.

Tammy said...

Tourism would do wonders for Cuba. I would go simply to play in their reefs and for their coffee. It is said that they have some of the most pristine coral reefs in the world. A garden would be heaven for you and a good outlet. But I agree w/ Ken. Owning a house requires more $ and more energy. I suppose a nice little hobbit house would be easier to manage...I have some pepper seedsd to send you. I've ordered from an Italian Seed Company this year and I tried these specific peppers when I was in CT last year.. very good! I'm already starting to mark my seed catalogs. Mike still won't let me have more of the back yard.

Mark said...

I only want a small house with a decent size yad. More yard than house. Plenty of houses around $100,000. If I wanted drive an hour to work I could easily get a house and land for that price.

I could have a pepper farm.

Anonymous said...

Think !BIG! when it comes to a house; get yourself an 8 year lease on THE House in DC! When it is time to move out of it, you can buy Cuba! Or at least a place with a garden spot over there. Send me a Ceegar!