Monday, December 27, 2010

Greetings


So unlike many travelers from the northeast I was able to make my way home before the blizzard hit New England. This is what greeted me in Raleigh. This is much better than being stuck in airport. Much better.

Christmas was very good. The family is doing quite well and it was good for all of us to be together. A short and rewarding gift/trip.

Hope everyone had a merry Christmas.

My mom and I both got Kindles. Now we can figure out how to use them together.

Got a great smelling body butter from Tammy's company, The Herbal Butterfly Essentials. It smells so good you may want to eat some. I see good things coming from this. 2011 emerging business of the year?

Nice snow here. It will all be gone by the weekend as temps slowly rise this week. 60 or so by Saturday.
Flooding the next mess here.

Have a wonderful Monday. 2010 is coming to a close.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We got nearly 6" snow.

I'm happy the family is ok and everyone had a good Christmas.

I am still waiting for some kind of shaking out in the e-reader market. B&N's new Nook color reader is attractive and can be read in the dark without an external reading lamp.

Tammy's Body Butter sounds good.

50-or-60 degrees will feel like a heat wave.

Tammy said...

You got sooo lucky w/ the last flight out. Keep me informed on how you use the Cocoa Vanilla butter.. well not completely informed.. tee hee
I'm just getting started. Be warm.. Do your shirts fit? I have the receipt if you need to send back.

Mark said...

My parents got lucky. For most of the storm they were in the eye of the storm. They only got 6". 10 miles northor west and they got 18".

Since my Kindle is WiFi I need to go someplace that has WiFi and gt it set up. I tried last night and all the WiFi around here was secure.

The body butter is quite nice.

The shirts do not fit. Do not worry I am going on a real diet and going to the doc for a physical.

Anonymous said...

Get yourself a cheap (less than $50) wireless router for your computer and you will be all set for wifi. If you get a laptop, it will work on the wifi. Also, you can use your Droid X on wifi; it is much faster than the Verizon 3G.