Monday, December 13, 2010

Slip and Sliding


The kids north of here in Mount Airy, Grayson County, Va and other schools have been closed since last week Monday. Due to snow and ice and they will be closed again today. Ice has been the big problem and most of those areas have limited abilities in ice removal. Big hills and tiny country roads are a big problem when ice comes along.

So the local cable company and Time Warner are in a pissing match over the ABC tv contract for this area.
They may suspend broadcasting ABC on the cable system. Its blackmail. This seems to happen all the time.
The stations need to hold out across the country and force the price down. Ultimately time Warner would have to cave if enough broadcasters refused to pay the price increase. The cost of cable and internet is totally unrealistic. Lets us pick the channels we want.

Twelve days.

16 for the low tonight.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

I'm guessing the kids have to make these days up? or are "snow days" planned for their normal school schedule. I'd hate to have extra time added on to my summer. yes done but you knew that. All I have to do now is make cookies. My dad had a massive stroke and is in the hospital. in addition, they are going to remove his right foot. His mother (my grandmother) died on Sunday. Strange doings indeed. my heart is bruised.
Hope your week is good. Tia is coming home tommorrow and all my hope is in her basket. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Mountain counties always have a lot of snow days. The kids in the valley schools who could go have to miss because of roads they don't even travel on.

Internet is taking over home entertainment, so watch out for soaring prices just to email.

Peace to you, dear Tammy.

Mark said...

I am sure they will have to make them up at some point.

I am sorry Tammy. I know your heart hurts. Tia coming home will be good for you. Maybe you can get out of the house with her for a while for some mother/daughter time.

Parts of the mountains are already having a tough winter and winter has yet to arrive.