Friday, June 18, 2010

Very Busy Week


It has been a very busy week. Tom, my old boss at Law Enforcement Supply was in town the last four days. So I was the entertainment committee the last few nights. We went out and did some shooting and I think I got some decent shots.
Work has been very busy. Back several months ago we were contacted by a local hunting tv show about being a sponsor and they had several packages they offered. They had internet, and Facebook plans and plans offering spots as advertisers for the tv show. I lobbied hard for the tv show show package and it seemed we were going with that package. Like many hunting shows this one airs early on Saturday morning, 6:30 a.m. to be exact. Yesterday I was told we were not going with that package. When I talked with the tv show folks yesterday afternoon they were disappointed. They thought we would be a good fit for them, as I did. It would be a new market for the retail side of the business. Well they came back to us late yesterday and said they wanted to offer us 13 weeks of tv ads for free if we went with the full internet, Facebook, dvd package.
That got the attention of the decision makers. So today the tv team will be in filming a commercial. These will be 30 second spots. The show is called "Antler Addiction". This should bring us a whole new range of business. I also got our Facebook page up and running, under Southern Public Safety.
I have other plans I have made to get us business as soon as some new stock comes in.
Special promos for the local depts., officer of the month and Facebook fans only specials.
My head hurts.
Glad it is the weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, it sounds like you are working hard and it is paying off for the company. I'm glad you work for an open minded outfit that allows you to do your "thing". I'll see if I can link-up on FB.

Good photo.

Mark said...

I can see some very good things happening on the retail side of the business for sure. The team from Antler Addiction TV came out and spent quite a while filming today. It was fun to see the things that will come from this.. I couldn't be happeir when I look at how we are going to grow that side of the business and they will be a huge part of it all.