Monday, June 7, 2010

Hot Hot Hot

Yesterday I meet my brother and his boss, Phil, who run Whelen motorsport program for the Nascar Modified series. I went up to Martinsville Speedway and we roamed around the pits, went to the drivers meeting before the race, we were on the track for the driver intros and in victory lane after the race. It was a good time, except it brutally hot. Since we were in the pits, except for the race, I had to wear long pants and it was not fun. In the 90's sitting in the sun was so darn hot it zapped you of energy. But it was fun.

My brother looked good. He has lost 130 plus pounds in a year. He did this by changing his diet and going to the gym twice a day. He now weighs less than I do. Amazing, he has not weighed less than me in many, many years. Congrats to him. Hard work and dedication to a goal has paid off for him.

Picture is from the Moses Cone mansion on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

glad you had a good weekend. Rewarding after your week. Congrats to Brian. You could get into a program like that too, I know you are stubborn enough to do it!
Tia is moving to Orlando the first of July and we are trying to spend as much time with her as possible.

Anonymous said...

Glad it was a good time; even with the Martinsville heat. Next to Darlington, it is the hottest track I've been to.

Yep! You sure did get at least one good vista along the Parkway.

Mark said...

I need to just start doing exercise. Hard to get motivated.

I am sure it will strange to have Tia living in Orlando.

I liked the vista. :)