Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Book




I still have not decided what pictures to us for the book contest. I have a couple of ideas. It is so hard to decide since there will be many people who are very very good entering and need to figure out a theme of some sort. Any idea of a theme will be appreciated.I still have not found an area here that consistently yields me the shots I want. I guess I need to get to Asheville soon. Asheville always seems to work for me. Its a bummer when go out to shoot and really do not find whatever it is you are looking for.

If you go to this link you can see what has been submitted to the contest so far.
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/pbn



Peppers are coming along fine. A couple banana peppers ready to be picked, waiting on the cayenne to turn red.

That's about it for this morning I suppose.

This is a song I want played at my funeral.

5 comments:

Tammy said...

This is the song I always thought I'd play at Cody's wedding. Mother/son dance. Probably corney I know but it touches me and reminds me of him. Hopefully he won't be too embarrassed. My mom is looking for property on the outskirts of Ashville. I don't want her to move but her husband is determined. I don't like him.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy, hope you are getting well.

As for a book theme, man you've got the greatest one you can possibly have: Fading America. Pick the photos YOU feel convey what you want to say and put them in an order that will build on the theme. Maybe end with a sunset shot of a shack or decaying pier if you have one. Going up against tough competition will make you better at competing.

I told Carolyn I bet someday you would move to Asheville if you remain in this area ... and I hope you do remain; the mountains need people like you.

Simple Man is good; I used to want Free Bird played at the last dance, but it is kind of over-killed.

Mark said...

Odd how the song has such different meanings for us. Not corny at all.
Hopefully your Mom will be happy. She at least deserves that at this point after all the years of bs.

That is the theme. It is hard to put the pictures together in the right order and make it work as my vision. Incredibly tough really.

I can see myself living in Asheville. It is my kind of town. I feel at home there.

It sucks when a song like Free Bird gets overplayed.

Tammy said...

just start the book, it will unfold the way it is supposed to. If you don't start, you'll never finish. (and you can quote me on that, it is one of my favorite sayings). Wish you were here to have tomatoes off the vine with us. The bergamont is flowering and is heady with a lovely scent. The hummingbird shows up daily and aside from the worms it has been a good growing season thus far. Any thoughts on coming down for the party?

Mark said...

It will be tough to come down for the party. I'll have to see about that. Long trip for just a day.

I am working on the book. Just need to get the right feeling when I layout the pages. Not so easy. Has to have a certain vibe.