Sunday, June 6, 2010

Feather in my cap.


The Grand Re-opening was very successful. The store had its best day in well over a year and they had never had that many customers in the store before, ever. The bosses, vendors and customers all were impressed with the whole event. Score on for Mark.
I am off to Martinsville today to meet my brother and catch some of Nascar's modified racing tour that they sponsor. It should be a blast. Pit passes and a pass to the owners suite. Also should be a good day for pictures.
Here is my first picture for the Megashot contest. I think this is pretty darn good.
Happy Sunday kids.

5 comments:

Tammy said...

I'm so happy for you Mark that finally an employer appreciates you and you are enjoying what you do. It has been a good move. Only good things can happen from here on. I love the photo. Are those poppies? Hope you have a good day w/ Brian. It seems your spirits are high right now. Good energy begets good energy. I'm off to an 8 a.m. rehearsal in St. Aug and then home to make a real southern meal. Tia is coming home and I'm making fried chicken, corn bread, mashed taters, tomatoe salad, and peas.. the veggies are all from the garden. I've been buying local produce from a farmer in Hastings. I can't wait to taste fresh potatos.

Tammy said...

you could enter that photo you took of my garden w/ the zinnia and the bee.... I've lots of flower photos but I'm no picture taker. It would be ridiculous for me to even enter one.

Mark said...

Thanks Tammy. It is good to feel recognized after all I had to deal with at the old job.

Hope you had a good Sunday.

Anonymous said...

@Tammy: Put some of those flower photos in the contest; they are better than you think.

Man I'm glad the store event went well; when you do good, you feel good; when you feel good, you look good.

When we drove past Asheville tow weeks ago, I was impressed with the wild flowers along the hwy. Lady Bird did good!

Mark said...

I agree with Ken. Ones pictures are always better than we think.

Lady Birds flower legacy are all over NC. I love it.