Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday Morning Musing


As I sit here listening to the Grateful Dead on archive.org I thought I would pass along some tidbits of news, views and observations.
I spent all Friday night and 2 hours after work yesterday fixing the sound on my computer. I stopped getting sound from the mouse, startup and more importantly Youtube and other flash sights. It seems this is not all that uncommon. Some bullshit to do with Adobe Flash 10. I went through fix after fix recommended and not a damm thing changed. I did have sound through Winamp and such. After spending a bunch of time doing assorted things Friday night I finally decided to do a system restore and that really f'd things up. Now no sound anyplace. Ok now I am done for the night. After work yesterday I went through and did assorted fixes to the drivers and I got sound. Thankfully before my limited patience ran out.
Why do toasters today suck?
I really do not like my granite countertops. They look nice but they streak so damm bad when you clean them. I also hate my black stove top. Again looks nice but always wants to streak unless I use papertowels to clean them.
So I recently had my radiator flushed and had a new upper hose put on. I still seem to be losing a little fluid. However what is very odd is there seems to be some radiator fluid getting into my windshield washer fluid. When I wash the windshield I get a very strong smell of radiator fluid.
How the hell is that?
My apartment complex is gated and for non-residents to get in they call your phone and you press number whatever and the gate opens. Well there is some fuckhead taxi driver who keeps calling my number asking to get in. I have now started to berate him about calling my number. He has called in the middle of the fucking night. I want to beat his ass. How fucking stupid is he. Call the number of the person who called you. I am about to fucking lose my temper with this sheet stain of humanity.
The weather is quite nice and I am going to head out shortly. I need some new shirts and jeans.
Also going to head to the farmers market. That is starting to get a little busier. May head to a pottery show near downtown. I really need a good vacuum cleaner. However since I want to pay off all debt very soon I am trying to keep spending at a minimum.
I hope Tiger wins today and Gloria Allred has a mental breakdown.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sound problems are one of the most exasperating problems for computers. It even screws up on Macs and Linux, mostly because of the Adobe drivers. Video is about as bad, but is usually good enough to get by.

Ants and roaches are made for cleaning counter tops. Flies and maggots handle the tough jobs.

Maybe your washer tank and coolant tank are a single unit separated by a partition that is leaking between them. The coolant being hot would likely push through a pinhole. Try a junkyard for a replacement and get some pics while there.

Tiger lost and Gloria is a mental breakdown!

Tammy said...

call Car Talk Sat or Sun to ask them about your car situation. I bet it would be an experience even if they can't help.
that is the problem with fancy countertops... the more expensive the more a pain in the butt to clean and maintain.
Tiger will meet his Karma someday (as will the taxi driver w/ your cell #) and all the rest is words in the wind.

Mark said...

I was patient for the most part and very determined to fix the sound problem myself.

I think when I had the system flushed they put some anti-freeze in the windshield washer tank,

Granite does look nice but it would not be my choice.