Friday, April 9, 2010

I am Dixiefied

It is official, I am now a resident of North Carolina. I passed my drivers license test and registered to vote today. Of course you actually do not get your license the same day here. They actually mail it too you. Why you ask? Illegal aliens is the answer. It seems they were going and getting a license and they actually had no legal address here. So now you have to have an address and they mail the thing. I actually had to bring the following: Florida license, social security card, a bill with my address, proof of insurance and because both my license and social security have my middle initial and not full name I had to bring my birth certificate. WTF, seems a little excessive in my opinion.

I am working tomorrow. Since the manager of the store is out and we only have person for the store he can not be alone on a Saturday. So my plans for tomorrow are fucked. That is two Saturdays in a row. Of course this did not come about until about 3 p.m. today. The only that gets me is this situation should have been resolved on Tuesday. Oh well, I'll be learning about guns. We had this old wack job in the store today talking shit about Iranians and Blacks. he doesn't trust them. How to hold ones tough from giving these people my thoughts is quite interesting. You should see me. You would be proud.

Legalize it, don't criticize it.

Peace, love and yogurt.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the photo; welcome to good ol' Dixie; yogurt? Grits! :-)

Mark said...

I'll go for Peace, Love and Grits.

My I'll design that for a t-shirt.

Tammy said...

My friend, you will always carry the Yankee blood in your veins. Hopefully, only the hardened southerner will detect it.

Anonymous said...

The mailing of licenses is a relatively new thing, ie last five or six years. I've gotten one twice from NC and always got it the same day.