Sunday, April 25, 2010

Goodbye Weekend

Well its Sunday evening and for the most part the weekend is over.

I went to the flea market and the herb fest yesterday. I ended up buying an old bench at the flea market for $35.00. That was a steal compared to the prices I saw for most benches. It was a very large flea market and there were a decent amount of people there. The one thing I was surprised about was the prices. I thought for the most part that the prices were high. I did not see a whole lot of buying going compared to the amount of people that were there.
However I am happy with my purchase so that it what really counts.

I did go to the herb fest after the flea market. It was very small, 7 people selling. I did get orange mint and chocolate mint. They are already potted and sitting on my bench.

I did go to the pottery fest, almost did not go, and was disappointed. Not that many dealers really. However they were much more disappointed than me. Horrible horrible attendance. The show goes from 12-6 Friday, 9-6 Saturday and 12-5 today. As of close of business yesterday that had a total attendance of 1400 people. There was a tiny crowd today. Last year the attendance was 5500 for the same time frame. The dealers were clearly not pleased. However i did buy something. It is a business card holder in the shape of a hand. I need this for my desk at work and had been looking for something that was not like everyone else's.

Overall an ok weekend. Slept like crap, again. That is another thing I am going to talk to the doctor about. That and my headaches and a few other things.

Have a good Sunday night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder why attendance at the pottery show was so low; just not enough sellers?

Your purchase of the card holder may help to be incentive enough to have the seller back next time.

Our flea market was very busy yesterday.

I got nearly four hrs sleep last night.

Mark said...

Not sure why the atttendance was so low. The dealers had no idea either. Seemed odd. They advertised enough.

The seller is close enough to me I'll go visit his shop.

Slept ok last night. Migraine today, go figure.