Thursday, February 4, 2010

Ice Ice Baby aka UPS Sucks

Well it looks like more bad weather will be here tonight. They are saying ice, snow and freezing rain from midnight through the day tomorrow. That ought to create a mess. There was a large number of accidents yesterday because of black ice. Looks like the worst of it will be north and west of here.

Well I nominate UPS as my shitty company of the week. I sent a $150, 000.00 bid out Monday to be delivered to Winston Salem as an overnite early a.m. delivery. It cost $50.00 and they had to deliver it before 8:30 a.m. They delivered at 10:47 a.m. The bid was refused because it was too late. They did not even have it on the truck until 7:41 a.m. There was no way it could have been there by 8:30. The reason they said it was late, weather. Fuck You UPS. How lame is your delivery service. Never again. It will be Fed Ex from now on. When I put in early a.m. delivery and you are operating under "storm conditions" as your customer service people told me yesterday there should be an alert that pops up on the computer warning your customer.
You also will not refund us. Complete bullshit. You suck if you can not deliver an overnite package 25 miles down the road within 18 hours of picking it up. Once again, FUCK YOU.

The picture was taken in Rural Hall, NC. This one needs to be shot again in better weather. Very interesting place.

Have a good day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful photo; the lettering on the door intrigues hell out of me.

I've never had a late delivery by FedEx, but UPS isn't reliable, even though they are better than what they used to be. I would have been pissed over a $5 delivery, so I can imagine how you felt.

Mark said...

I had to turn around and go back for this one.

UPS has poor customer service if you really need to resolve a problem. They do not give a hoot.

Tammy said...

Hope you didn't get too much ice. We are getting hammered with rain (again). Not sure if I'll ever get the garden planted.

Have a good weekend. Cool your jets about the UPS. They are wrong you are right, let it go.