Thursday, August 26, 2010

New Hours


I changed my work hours from 8:30 to 5:30 to 8 to 5. I never really liked my old hours. Really I never liked getting out of work at 5:30. Now I also miss all the bus traffic near me when I go to work at 8.

Got a nice little present at work yesterday. The President of the company was here and he had a meeting with us in the morning. Then yesterday afternoon we all got a $25 Amex gift card as a thank you for the job we do. Nice gift to get. Things like that can help make your day.

My nephew starts his college life tomorrow. Hope he does well and does not party his out of college.
It will be interesting to see how it all goes. He really had no idea how life changes from this point on.

I see that Guilford County has put a 1/4 cent sales tax increase on  the ballot in November instead of raising property taxes. How this gets voted down. 8 percent sales tax in ridiculous. They also do not need to raise property taxes. How bout just holding the line until the economy reaches some sort of normality. I want to see what the tea baggers around here have to say about this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can see you with a little roadside art and antique store. Good find.

Hope your nephew finds enough time to get his degree.

Our sales tax is 9.5% and the newly elected fiscally conservative county commission last night voted themselves a big raise in their retirement package, saying it was fair.

Tammy said...

I'd rather get in early and get off early as well. More time in the day it seems like.
I see Cody headed down a path that concerns me as well but as long as his grades are up and he is holding down 2 jobs I guess I can't fault him with too much. Hopefully our nephew can see the light at some point and head towards it.
CT was lovely for 2 days, rainy and almost chilly the other 4. I got pretty sick and spend a lot of time holed up in bed w/ AlkaSeltzer. FAmily was happy we were there. The gardens there make me sick. Just wave a seed and it sprouts. No bugs to speak of. Sigh.
Hope you are feeling better w/o headaches. Any news on the doctor? Gonna sign up for a course through UCF to help me in my "career". Hopefully that will provide some stability if I all together lose my job. talk to you soon.

Mark said...

It would be nice to have a little business like that.

Wow 9.5%. Thats high and then they vote in a raise. voters need to speak out against that.

Bummer being sick on vacation. Hardly seems like a vacation.

I had a big keg party at my parents house when they went away once. They never said anything until a year or more. Brought it up in a conversation right out of the blue. :)

Have not got a doctor yet. A guy at work is getting me the name of his brothers doctor. He had the same type of thing.