Monday, August 16, 2010

The countdown to Friday begins................................


A fairly uneventful weekend again. Weather was iffy most of it. Periods of rain here and there with not much sun at all.

Went to the big farmers market yesterday and you can see it is the beginning of the end of the growing season for many. Not nearly as many farmers now as there was just a few weeks ago. Between the heat this summer and whatever crops they were growing the growing season is slowing down until the fall crops start to come in. Although I did not get them I did some huge red peppers called Macaroni peppers that looked pretty cool. I think they would make a good stuffed pepper.

My apt. complex sent me a nasty letter because I did not pay my water bill last month. We have to pay them for some reason. It was $13 dollars.  What a fucking joke. I know it is just part of the deal when you live in a place like this. Maybe I should go pick up 13 piles of dog crap, they are all over the place, and leave them on the porch of the office.

If you want to listen to a good station online listen to wncw.org. They play lots of different music. Each weekday morning from 6-7 they play bluegrass before going to NPR news. Then the rest of the day the play great music. Check it out.

Build the mosque.

Picture from Lakeland, Florida.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good motel sign. I'm trying to find some in this area.

Some of our markets have produce and others have a paltry supply. Taters are beginning to come in.

Johnson City's only mosque is about one-half mile from me and most people don't even know it exists. I'm sure it would get some attention from local pulpits if it were better known.

Tammy said...

let me know how the peppers turn out. What better way to show the core christian attitude of "treat others as we would like to be treated" by allowing the mosque to be built. I'm sure it would send a resounding message out to the world that our country is one of tolerance. Its too early to wish for friday already.

Mark said...

Fisrt off It is never to early to wish for Friday. Peppers, beans, blueberries, maters still end good supply. Also eggplant seems to be abundant.

The mosque is one more wedge issue to divide us apart.

I am trading my pistol in for a used 12 gauge.

In the headlines of what a wierd world we live is this.

The lastet addition to the Greensboro adult entertainment scene was a Greensboro mosque just weeks ago. Really this is true.
WTF kind of weirdness is that.

Mark said...

I want a grammar check on this damm thing.

Anonymous said...

Please, no grammar check; I would be left speechless!

The Greensboro mosque may be like our local one; an Islamic community center. That still doesn't explain the "adult" part.