Thursday, August 12, 2010

Change


Two years ago America voted for Barack Obama because he promised change. Now here we are and little or no change is apparent to the American public and many people are pissed and are being vocal about it. So what does the White House Press Secretary do, go off on a rant about the professional left. He said we would not be happy unless Dennis Kucinich were President and the Pentagon was gone. Well for one if Dennis were President I would be happy. I wanted him to be the Democratic candidate. He is much more to the left than President Obama and has a better world view of what America should be.

The thing is Robert Gibbs misses the whole point. President Obama has done very little of what he has promised. He basically caved on health care and it is a shell of what it should have been. Guantanamo still open, war still raging, and what I find distressing is he really is George Bush lite. Long on promises, short on delivering promises. Great speeches with no follow up. The left is pissed because you are doing nothing, plain and simple. If the Republicans win November it is because the change you promised has not come close to  happening. Open your eyes dude. Not hard to see if you take your blinders off.

We got slammed with a nasty thunderstorm last night. Tons of lightning and rain. Stokedale which is about 20-25 minutes northwest of here had 5 inches of rain. Here just over two inches. Crazy weather, hot and no rain for days then big storms dumping inches of rain at one time.

6 comments:

Tammy said...

I'm not sure how people could have believed for a second that Obama would have been able to make all the changes he promised. I never fell for it. I'm not sure anybody could change it at this point. It is a machine tangled up in its own cords.
Mike and I are at 15 years today. Seems like a blink of an eye doesn't it? Seems odd to think now that I went on my honeymoon with you and Paul in tow. I guess we are just as tied together. Cody comes home from the Keys today w/ a cooler of lobsters. Good eats on Saturday! I'm tired of the grind and need an adventure.

Anonymous said...

First, Happy Anniversary Tammy and Mike. Damn, I've got underwear older than 15 years!

Back when I was saying Obama was just another politician, I was hoping more than anyone in the world that I was wrong and I am more disappointed in him than I thought I could ever be. He has done some good things but they are minor compared to what has to be done. I'm like Tammy, I think we are too far down the road to ruin and if we try to turn around, we will just slide in our own shit.

Fix? Find a political outsider who knows sellout does not work. He or she will have a glib politicians tongue and savvy like that of a hardened street gangster. He will have to twist arms until they break if necessary and he will be ready and willing to step on the toes of the public. Like Bush, he will have to ignore some people's constitutional rights but for a good cause not just because he can. For sure that person will get only one term, but he or she can alter the road we are now taking. Business as usual is still upon us with Obama. First thing to do is change the Constitution to get completely rid of the Electoral College so my liberal vote cast in a conservative state will still count. The president who tries to get things back on the straight and narrow will have to work around the people and change the road itself. Politicians herd; leaders lead.

I can never again vote for a DC insider not even it he was my own child.

Tammy said...

I also heard an interview on NPR w/ Peter Jennings who stated (rightly so) that We The People have made no sacrifice really for this war barring the folks who have kids in it. We haven't paid a war tax, planted victory gardens, done without butter, cable TV, or any other selfish item we wanted. Its been paid for on a credit care so to speak and our grandchildren will shoulder that coast. so its easy to forget it, isn't is now? Oh well some folks did go out and buy the yellow ribbon magnets for their car if you count that. Its easy to feel hopeless sometimes. It was a good interview I recommend you hear it.

Mark said...

Happy Anniversary..............................................................................................


I am very happy for you two. you are two peas in a pod.

Mark said...

Well unfortunately we are very broken and I do not see any fix coming at all. I fear the only way we get fixed is if we have a total collapse.

As for Obama I had great hope, but for me he has been far far less than I hoped. Some was to be expected. However the Democrats have had control of the Senate and the White House and they have done nothing with that power. It is truly pathetic in my opinion. Almost gutless.

I have heard others recently voicing the same thing as Peter Jennings. While I agree with what he is saying overall the reason for this is simple, I think.

As a nation we are very comfortable and we do not feel threatened by any other countries ability to do us harm and take away our standard of living.
I have not sacrificed in any way and I would not buy a fucking ribbon to show support. That is a meaningless gesture as far as I am concerned.

Until something happens that threatens the American way of life I see support for any war effort to be minimal in terms of sacrifice.

The beginning of most Amricans being indifferent to war was Vietnam. We were lied to during the whole war and that damage will take many many years to repair.

As all this continues the nations of the world see us as bullies and not leaders of a free world.

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah!
got all wound up in politics and for got to say I very much like the photo.